Monday, December 29, 2008

Microsoft pay as you go computing?

CNN.com and CNET.com are reporting that Microsoft has applied for a patent on , pay-as-you-go computing.

Who would buy this? Pay by usage, I don't care how much or how little I use a computer I would never want some one metering how or what I use.
I don't really call this a service I call this a rip off. Considering that you can buy computers fairly cheap, and can get open source software that will do everything Microsoft can do.
Is Microsoft trying to force feed everyone over like they did to there corporate customers with there "assurance program" requiring hefty annual maintenance fees.

I will buy a mac or go to Linux before I buy in to this scam.

1 comment:

  1. For someone like a senior citizen or a luddite that checks their email once a week, this is an awesome idea. For anyone else, not so practical.

    ReplyDelete