Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last minute easy cookies!!

Easy Last Minute Christmas cookies!


Since I am a working mom I don't have a whole lot of time to cook, but I love to do it. I have a few simple and easy cookie recipes that I make, these are great for last minute Christmas baking or even if you want to give as gifts. There a big favorite in my home, and the guests have loved them!


Peanut butter Star Cookies


1 16-18 oz. Jar of Peanut Butter
1 1/4 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/4-1/2 cup of flour enough to make the dough workable
1 bag of chocolate stars or Hershey's Kisses (1 bag of chocolate stars does two batches of these cookies)

Mix together with fork and roll in to balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet
Bake in 350 oven until top get cracks in them
Take out of oven and press the chocolate stars in to the middle


The secret to keeping these cookies from falling apart is to let them completely cool before taking them off of the baking sheet, I live in Minnesota, and it has been cold here so I took them out to my attached garage and set them on top of my freezer to cool off, you could also probably put them in your freezer to let them cool if you have room and want to speed up the baking process.

Mint Christmas cookies
1 box of Ritz sytle crackers
Chocolate chips
Mint extract


I have also used Mint chips with these you can use what you have if you use chocolate chips you just have to add the Mint extract. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or I do it in the microwave, you have to stir it alot and be careful not to over cook, I add Milk to the melting chocolate chips to thin it out. Dip in the individual crackers and set on waxed paper, if you want sprinkle with christmas decor.

These cookies taste alot like the girl scout cookies if you like those.



No comments:

Post a Comment