Friday, October 24, 2008

My Diet Pepsi Addiction

Help, I am addicted to this stuff!

I am a recovering Diet Pepsi fanatic, I drank so much of this stuff I think I am preserved for life! I have tried several times to quite drinking soda, and I keep going back to it. I know that this stuff is really bad for me, but I love it, I would drink 4-6 cans a day.

I know that really sounds crazy, but it was like I am almost addicted to this stuff.
It has been a week without, and I am hoping this time I have kicked my soda habit for life. What is so addicting about this stuff! Is it the carbonation or the artificial sweeteners?

Soda ate a huge whole in our family budget, after I figured out what we were spending just on drinks, 30-40 dollars a week, crazy! (This includes milk to, but I spent about 15-25 dollars a week on soda, yes that equals about 3-4 cases) As part of my frugality and debt pay down venture I knew I would have to give it up. I noticed my kids also preferring pop over any other kind of beverage, not something I want them to get started on either.

A little bit of help has been since the price of soda has gone up I have refused to buy it. There is no benefit to drinking this stuff; it is bad for your waistline and wallet!

I could really use some words of inspiration for anyone else that may have gone through this also. Or maybe some tricks on how you stayed on track and kicked the habit for good!

2 comments:

  1. Currently kicking dt. pepsi myself. Former 2 liter a day habit, down to half a can (for headaches and nausea). It's the aspartame. It's addictive and so bad for you...well, you really have to decide who is right: independant studies (it's banned in Europe) or the FDA (who approved it (having rejected it as unsafe) after shennagins regarding Donald Rumsfeld. Medicos recommend you not quit cold turkey if you consume more than 12 ozs. a day because your body cannot handle the detox.

    Check out www.dorway.com, go throw up, then go throw the stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW thanks for the inspiration!! I don't know why the FDA does not look in to this stuff better, I guess it probably has everything to do with Pepsi's bottom line!

    ReplyDelete